Looks like this blog post is actually a week later. From Sep 20 up until the 26 in 2009 it absolutely was nationwide Singles day. In the 1980s, the Buckeye Singles Council of Kansas started this observance which comes regarding the next full few days of September. It absolutely was started initially to
… know a large number of single People in the us usually do not determine using the word “unmarried” as they are parents, have associates or are widowed.
Here are a few previous fascinating realities and stats on singles in America:
- nowadays there are 95.9 million single people in the U.S. that are 18 many years or earlier. This makes up 43% of all of the grownups. (from 2008)
- 53 percent of those singles tend to be females
- 61 percent of those singles have never been married prior to. 24 % have-been divorced and another 15 per cent happened to be widowed.
- Seniors (65+) take into account 15.8 million of person singles which 16 percent having not ever been married.
- 11.6 million of sex singles tend to be moms and dads living with kids, 9.8 million tend to be ladies.
For the complete fact sheet throughout the Unmarried and Single People in the us day, go to the U.S. Census Bureau.